Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
As time passes and technology evolves, many more ways to use Artificial Intelligence are invented.
Some of the best-known examples where we can find AI are the search engines (e.g. Google), recommendations systems (such as Netflix or YouTube), autonomous vehicles (drones or self-driving cars), or facial recognition.
Here are 5 more extraordinary ways AI is contributing to the improvement of our society:
- Healthcare: There is an app, located in Boston, USA, named Pager. Pager uses artificial intelligence to help patients with minor aches, pains, and illnesses. The Pager app allows any user to chat with a nurse via text 24/7, talk to a doctor via video chat and have prescriptions filled as needed.
- Saving the bees: In a partnership with Oracle, The World Bee Project hopes to learn how to help bees survive and thrive by gathering data through internet-of-things sensors, microphones, and cameras on hives. The data is then uploaded to the cloud and analyzed by artificial intelligence to identify patterns or trends that could direct early interventions to help bees survive.
- Finance: In NYC, exists an app called Betterment and it is an automated financial investing platform that uses AI to learn about an investor and build a personalized profile based on his or her financial plans. It uses algorithms to automate tax-loss harvesting, trading, transactions, and portfolio management.
- Marketing: Grammarly is an app that edits and reviews your writings in real-time. The AI-powered writing assistant combines data science, machine learning, authentication, and various other forms of technology to make Grammarly as thorough as possible when helping professional writers and non-native English speakers alike.
- Combating world hunger: One of the most famous applications is the Nutrition Early Warning System (NEWS) which uses machine learning and big data to identify regions that are at increased risk of food shortages due to crop failure, rising food prices, and drought.
These are only a few possible ways the society can be helped by using AI and in the near future, there will be a lot more.
Made with ❤ by Sigmoid.
If you want to learn a lot of new things about AI, make sure you’re following us on:
For more information, check the sources:
https://www.scoro.com/blog/artificial-intelligence-predictions/ and https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2020/06/22/10-wonderful-examples-of-using-artificial-intelligence-ai-for-good/?sh=7371bbb92f95